SAP Commerce packages are delivered as ZIP archive files. Download and unpack the required files before you begin installation. SAP Commerce is protected by a license that allows you to start it up and unlock features; you must install a license to use it.
Assuming you have Hybris source package available with viable license to install and explore in your local machine, let’s jump to the easy steps on how to install SAP Commerce (Hybris) package.
Step 1 – Download and unzip SAP Commerce package
- Download hybris source zip. E.g. CXCOMM190500P_X-XXXXXXXX.zip which contains all the files to install and run SAP Commerce.
- Create/Choose the directory in which you want to install hybris and unzip the source code into it.
- Once extracted, it will create a directory structure as below (Note : We will understand the directory structure in detail in another post)
Step 2 – Set-up Apache Ant Environment properties
- In a command prompt / terminal, Go to <Hybris_Home>/bin/platform
- Run command
- . ./setantenv.sh
- for windows, it will be ‘setantenv.bat’
Step 3 – Perform Build
- After setting up apache ant environment in terminal, run following command
- ant clean all
- When prompted, select ‘develop‘ for development environment. This is default value so if you press Enter without selecting anything, it will setup take develop as default input.
Step 4 – Initialize database
- Open <Hybris_Home>/config/local.properties in any file editor and add password for admin user using following property
- ant initialize
Step 5 – Start and access Hybris
- Run below command in <hybris_home>/bin/platform folder
- After successful server start, you can access hybris admin console on it’s default port using http://localhost:9001/admin